Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- While there are no article submission, processing, or publication fees, please consider becoming a member of BC TEAL to support the ongoing publication of this journal: https://www.bcteal.org
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs or DOIs for the references have been provided. Please use this format for DOIs: https://doi.org/00.0000/0000
- The text uses a 12-point Times New Roman font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, to ensure the integrity of anonymous peer-review, every effort should be made to prevent the identities of the authors and reviewers from being known to each other. Thus, the submitted manuscript should have any identifying information removed to ensure anonymous review.
- The article explictly refers to and makes strong connections to additional language teaching in British Columbia. Implications for additional language teaching in British Columbia should clearly stated.
- The manuscript has been submitted via the BC TEAL Journal online journal system. The BC TEAL Journal cannot accept submissions via email or the postal service.
- Research articles are no more than 8,000 words, plus references. Theoretical analyses, classroom practice descriptions, and opinion essays are no more than 4,000 words, plus references. Book reviews are no more than 1,000 words plus references.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (see below) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
The BC TEAL Journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.